Gynecomastia a.k.a “Man boobs” is the enlargement of the glandular tissue of the male breast, and it is surprisingly common (1 out of 3 men have unnaturally large breasts).
Gynecomastia can affect any man – during infancy, puberty, middle-age to old age.
What are the symptoms of gynecomastia?
Symptoms include the following:
- Swollen of the tissues of the breast glands.
- Tenderness of the breast.
What are its causes?
- Natural hormone changes: The imbalance and increase in the production of estrogen, which controls the female traits cause gynecomastia, the prevalence of gynecomastia raises between the ages of 50 and 69 due with a percentage up to 25%.
- Medications: There are many medications that cause gynecomastia such as anti-androgen for people with HIV.
Anabolic Steroids and Androgens.
Medication of AIDS.
Some heart medications.
- Some health conditions can lead to gynecomastia such as Hypogonadism
Aging can be a cause of men's gynecomastia in terms of hormonal changes
Tumors in the area of the testicles and adrenal gland
Gynecomastia surgery is a process of rebuilding the man’s breasts to normal appearance, shape, size, and proportion. It requires specialized surgical expertise. It is performed under general anesthesia, and sometimes a one-night stay is required at the clinic.
There are 3 techniques for Gynecomastia surgery – Liposuction, Surgical Excision of extra tissue and those two combined (Liposuction + Surgical excision).
At M.A.G Clinic, we treat gynecomastia with non-surgical Vaser.
If you have a gynecomastia, contact us today to schedule an appointment so that our specialists can help you.