Moles are small, dark spots on the skin that are caused by an overgrowth of pigment cells. Most people have 10 to 40 moles, which are generally harmless and can appear anywhere on your body.
If you have a mole that is changing in size, shape, or color, or if it is bleeding or itching, it is important to see a doctor.
Can Moles be Removed at Home?
Attempting to remove moles at home is highly discouraged. Despite claims from certain companies and websites offering safe mole removal products, it is best to consult a dermatologist for professional advice.
Why Remove Moles?
There are several reasons why you might consider removing a mole:
- Irritating Moles: Some moles may cause discomfort due to their location or rubbing against clothing or accessories.
- Cosmetic Concerns: If you have moles that you find unsightly or affect your self-confidence, removal for cosmetic reasons may be a suitable option.
- Suspicious Moles: Moles that bleed, exhibit unusual shapes or colors, or suddenly enlarge could be signs of malignant melanoma and require medical attention.
How Do We Remove Moles in MAG Clinic?
We mainly use one or a combination of the following:
- Cryotherapy: This method uses liquid nitrogen to freeze the mole and cause it to fall off.
- Laser Removal: This method uses Fractional Laser to remove the mole safely and effectively.
Contact Us Today
To learn more about our mole removal services, please contact us today. We would be happy to answer any questions you have and schedule an appointment for you.